If you are a parent, then God has entrusted you with the tremendous privilege and responsibility to bring your child up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord (Ephesians 6:4). Our children and youth ministry exist to assist families in bringing the gospel to bear upon our lives of our children and youth. It is our joy to provide a safe, loving atmosphere for the young people that God has entrusted to our care. To support our ministry and provide the best opportunity for all the children of the church to grow spiritually we ask parents to:
- Pray daily for their own children daily, asking God to bless the investment that is being made in them;
- Pray daily for leaders and teachers in the children’s ministry;
- Train your children in a way that will build and strengthen Covenant homes; (Deuteronomy 6:5-7, Proverbs 22:6)
- Encourage your children to show love and adoration of our Lord in the worship of our Savior; (Matthew 19:14)
- Be prompt in picking your children up from their classrooms or the nursery;
- Keep watch over your children when they are not under the supervision of a children’s ministry worker (Our grounds and facility are large. Parents need to be alert to their children’s whereabouts.); and,
- Read and support our Child Safety Policy.
Friday, 7/20: Tot Time meets at the DE State Fair
Thursday, 7/19: VBS Training Meeting - 7pm or Sunday, 7/22 – 12:15pm. If helping with VBS you need to attend one of these meetings.
Monday-Friday, 7/23-7/27: Vacation Bible School
Monday-Friday, 7/30-8/3: Backyard Bible Clubs
BIBLE BOOKMARKS: Each week during Sunday School, your child receives a bookmark of scripture verses to read throughout the week. If they return the bookmark checked off, they will receive a prize the following week. In case the bookmark gets lost, simply use the passages below:
Week of 7/8: "Respect Authority"
Monday – Titus 3:1-2, Tuesday – 1 Thessalonians 5:12-15, Wednesday – Romans 13:1-7, Thursday – Ephesians 6:1-4, Friday – Hebrews 13:15-19